Experience. Effective. Innovative.
Alonso Appeals is a Florida boutique appellate law firm. Cristina Alonso is Board Certified in Appellate Practice by The Florida Bar and AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell®.
She was recognized as the “The Most Effective Lawyer” in Appellate Practice of 2014 in Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties by the Daily Business Review and was listed by The National Law Journal as a Top 40 Minority Under 40 of 2011. Ms. Alonso is also the recipient of the Florida Diversity Council's 2012 Breaking the Glass Ceiling Award, was named a Top Lawyer in the South Florida Legal Guide 2013-2022 and was selected for inclusion in Florida Super Lawyers 2013-2022, among receiving other honors.
AWARDS & PROFESSIONAL RECOGNITION
● AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
● Board Certified by The Florida Bar in Appellate Practice
● Named as a “Top 40 Minority Under 40" by The National Law Journal (2011)
● Named “The Most Effective Lawyer” in Appellate Practice and as one of “The Most Effective Lawyers” in Pro Bono in Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach Counties by the Daily Business Review (2014)
● Named a "Top Lawyer" by the South Florida Legal Guide (2013-2022) and as a “Top Up-and-Comer” in the South Florida Legal Guide (2009 to 2012 editions)
● Selected for inclusion in Florida Super Lawyers (2013-2022) and Super Lawyers Rising Stars (2010-2012)
● Recipient of 2019 International Advisory Experts Award for Appellate Law in Florida
● Recognized as a 2019 Woman Leader in the Law by The American Lawyer & Corporate Counsel Magazines
● Nominated for the Miami-Dade County Bar Association's Legal Luminaries Award for excellence in Appellate Practice (2017)
● The Order of Pisgah Alumni Award granted by The University of North Carolina at Asheville (2016)
● Recognized as a Top 40 Under 40 "Rising Star" in the Legal Profession by the Daily Business Review (2013)
● Breaking the Glass Ceiling Award, Florida Diversity Council (2012)
●Named one of “The Most Effective Lawyers” in Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach Counties by the Daily Business Review (2009)
● Featured in “These Girls Rule,” Aventura Magazine (April 2012 ed.)
● Named a Top 40 Under 40 by Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (2012)
● Listed in Florida Trend’s Florida Legal Elite (2011, 2015, 2021-2022 editions) and as an “Up- and-Comer” (2007-2008 editions)
● Named as an “Up-and-Comer” by South Florida Business Journal (2008 and 2009)
● The Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division, Board of Governors’ Most Productive Board Member of the Year (2007)
● Pro Bono Service Award from Legal Services of Greater Miami (2008)
● Recipient of Carlton Fields' Sylvia H. Walbolt Outstanding Mentor Award (2012) and Pro Bono Publico Award (2010 and 2014)